I chose this photo from the exhibition "Cover Shot" and it was taken from the cover of a book called "Towards an Australian architecture" that was edited and photographed by Harry Sowden in 1970. I chose this shot because of how it made me feel, it’s almost like it hurts to look at as it forms a sort of optical illusion. It’s as if it almost creates a sort of fear or daunt due to the use of a wide lens making the building almost never endless. From what I read about that exhibition it seems like the photographer was trying to portray buildings in a much grander scale in post war Britain. It also made me rethink what it was, because at first I thought it was a piano, I had to almost have a double take to realize that it was in fact a high-rise building. Because of that optical illusion I find this photograph incredibly interesting and eye catching and different in comparison to the rest of the exhibition.
Wednesday, 18 October 2017
MODA
I chose this photo from the exhibition "Cover Shot" and it was taken from the cover of a book called "Towards an Australian architecture" that was edited and photographed by Harry Sowden in 1970. I chose this shot because of how it made me feel, it’s almost like it hurts to look at as it forms a sort of optical illusion. It’s as if it almost creates a sort of fear or daunt due to the use of a wide lens making the building almost never endless. From what I read about that exhibition it seems like the photographer was trying to portray buildings in a much grander scale in post war Britain. It also made me rethink what it was, because at first I thought it was a piano, I had to almost have a double take to realize that it was in fact a high-rise building. Because of that optical illusion I find this photograph incredibly interesting and eye catching and different in comparison to the rest of the exhibition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Semiotics
1- One item of clothing that has a particular symbolic meaning for me is my Gilbert & George collaboration with Moschino T-shirt. I reme...

No comments:
Post a Comment